IngredientsLemon anchovy cream:
- Grated zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon white wine or rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt plus more to taste
- 1 fat garlic clove, grated on a microplane or finely chopped
- 1 anchovy fillet, rinsed and finely chopped
- ¼ cup crème fraiche
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch heart of romaine leaves, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups mixed baby greens or spinach
- 1 small head radicchio, sliced into ribbons
- 1 small celery root (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into matchsticks*
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, stems trimmed and feathery fronds reserved for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- To make the dressing, put the lemon zest, juice, vinegar, salt, garlic and anchovy in a blender or mini food processor, or mix together in a small bowl.
- Add crème fraiche and olive oil and blend/process until smooth and creamy or whisk by hand. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if needed.
- Put the romaine, baby greens, radicchio, celery root and red onion in a large salad bowl.
- Peel the base of the fennel bulb with a vegetable peeler to remove the tougher outer layer. Slice the fennel very thinly using a sharp knife or shave on a mandoline. Add to the salad bowl.
- Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate and arrange the reserved radicchio leaves around the salad. Drizzle with additional dressing and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Garnish with fennel fronds.
Recipe source: familystylefood