Delicious Boneless Pork Chops in Creamy Garlic & Herb Wine Sauce One Skillet dish is easy to prepare and ready in less than 30 minutes! Made with dry white wine, juice of a fresh lemon, garlic and thyme, these pork chops are packed with flavor and so juicy!
HOW TO MAKE PORK CHOPS:
· For this recipe, I like to use thick and boneless pork chops. This works very well because it is easier to not overcook them keep them nice and tender. If you wish, you can also use bone in pork chops if you like those better.
· I recommend to take them out of the refrigerator at least 20 minutes before cooking. They need to warm up slightly in order to cook more evenly. You don’t want to put a cold chop in a hot pan.
· Once you have pan nice and hot you will sear your pork chops just until browned. Don’t worry about the pork chops being cooked all the way through at this point.
· Next, you will remove the pork chops from the skillet and prepare the sauce in the same pan. You will sprinkle flour into the pan. This will be what thickens your pork chop sauce.
· Whisk in your chicken broth and wine slowly until your sauce is nice and smooth. Then, you will add in your seasonings and herbs.
· At this point, we will return the pork chops to the pan. This will allow them to warm up for about 10 minutes. Then serve with rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes!
Visit whatsinthepan.com for full recipesIngredientsPork Chops:· 4 boneless pork chops· 2 tablespoons butterPork Chop Dredging Mixture:· 1/4 cup all purpose flour· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder· 1/2 teaspoon onion powder· 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning· Salt and freshly ground pepper to tasteCreamy Herb and Wine Sauce:· 2 tablespoons butter· 2 cloves garlic minced· 1 tbsp flour (or use leftover flour from pork chops dredging)· 1/2 cup dry white wine· 1/4 lemon (juice of fresh lemon)· 1/2 cup chicken stock· 1/2 cup heavy cream· 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning· 4 sprigs fresh thyme (leaves only)Instructions1. Pork Chop Dredging Mixture: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and season generously with salt and pepper.2. Cooking Pork Chops: Dredge pork chops thoroughly in dry mixture, then heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.3. Once hot, add pork chops and sear them by cooking for 3-4 minutes per side for a total of 6-8 minutes. First side is cooked on medium high, but when cooking on the second side, reduce the heat to medium. Remove pork from heat and transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.4. Creamy Garlic & Herb Sauce: Return skillet to heat, add 2 tablespoons butter and minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Add flour to the butter mixture and blend it in with the butter.5. Next start pouring in wine while still on medium heat - about 1 minute. Add chicken stock and heavy cream. Squeeze a little bit of lemon into the pan, add fresh thyme and Italian seasoning, season with salt and pepper (to taste) and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Taste the sauce and add more seasoning, if necessary.6. Final Assembly: Reduce heat to low and return pork chops to pan. Depending on the thickness of your pork chops, you might just need to heat them up a bit to make sure they are done. Drizzle some of the sauce over pork chops and reheat on low for 2-3 minutes or until