- 1.25 lb ground beef
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup water add more if needed
- Brown meat in fry pan. Once almost finished, drain off fat and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt over meat.
- Add onions and peppers to pan and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine cooked meat, onions, peppers, tomatoes, celery, water, and tomato paste in large pot.
- Stir spices into pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low-medium and let simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
Recipe source: the-lowcarb-diet