- 4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless, flattened
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic flakes
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan or mozzarella (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a bowl combine the oregano, paprika, garlic, sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Season the chicken breasts with the oregano mixture, making sure they are well coated.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and top with onion, spinach leaves, marinara sauce, basil and Parmesan.
- Place in oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve topped with additional fresh basil.
Recipe source: paleoleap