- 1/2 cup salted butter 1 stick
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl (or you can use the baking dish that you'll be baking these in if it's microwave-safe), melt stick of butter in the microwave.
- Put melted butter into an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the buttermilk. Stir until a loose dough forms. Batter will be a bit sticky.
- Pour biscuit dough into baking dish (right on top of the melted butter.) Some of the butter will run over the top of the dough, that's perfectly okay.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, rotating dish once during baking.
- Oven times do vary since different ovens have different hot spots, but basically biscuits should be golden brown on top and spring back to the touch.
Recipe source: thecountrycook