INGREDIENTSTHE BLACKENED FISH:
- 1 1/2 lbs white fish (I like basa)
- Oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoons each: smoked paprika, regular paprika, and chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Aji guacamole
- Tortillas or lettuce wraps
- Dry the fish well and place it on a flat surface. (A baking dish works well.) Drizzle the fish with oil.
- In a small bowl, mix the smoked and regular paprika, chili powder, cumin, and sea salt. Sprinkle over the fish.
- In a large bowl, add the green and purple cabbage, carrot, red onion, and cilantro. Add the vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Make the aji guacamole by blending the ingredients in your blender or food processor.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Oil the pan then add the fish. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the fish starts to look crispy and flakes easily with a fork.
- If you're using tortillas, warm them quickly in an oiled pan.
- Serve the Baja fish tacos either on tortillas or lettuce wraps topped with the southern slaw, the blackened fish, and a good slather of aji guacamole.
Recipe source: theendlessmeal