- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried parsley (or 1/2 cup fresh)
- 1 lb dried pasta
- Heat oil in a small pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt. Saute until garlic starts to brown, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of water. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer sauce while cooking pasta as per package directions. The sauce will taste better the longer it cooks, but just 10 minutes or so should do the trick to meld the flavors.
- When pasta is ready, drain. Add parsley to the sauce. Stir to combine and top with Parmesan cheese if desired. Season to taste with salt, red pepper, and Parmesan.
Recipe source: threeolivesbranch