searching for an incredible weeknight supper thought? Try this Italian meatball soup out! Brimming with vegetables, healthy meatballs and pasta, you'd never realize it was just 4 keen focuses.
Sadly, despite everything we have half a month (or more) of summer and moistness left. Ugh. I know, I'm SO prepared for Fall! I'm a gigantic soup sweetheart, and am so prepared for everything soothing. We eat soup all year, however there's simply something additional ameliorating and tasty about soup in the Fall!
Particularly a soup like this generous Italian meatball soup! It's light, yet not light-tasting… which is the best sort of soup would it say it isn't?
This hearty and rich Italian meatball soup is made easily in the slow cooker.
· 3 medium carrots , sliced
· 2 ribs celery , sliced
· 1 medium yellow onion , diced
· 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
· 1/4 tsp black pepper
· 1 bay leaf
· 12 oz frozen Italian meatballs (the fully cooked kind)
· 32 oz beef broth (reduced sodium)
· 2 cups water
· 5 oz dry red wine (like a cabernet sauvignon)
· 2 (15 oz each) cans diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
· 3/4 cup dry ditalini pasta
· 3-5 oz fresh baby spinach
· sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional and not included in point value)
1. To a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, add carrots, celery, onion, Italian seasoning, black pepper, bay leaf, meatballs, broth, water, wine, and canned tomatoes.
2. Stir to combine, cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, until vegetables are tender and flavors are combined.
3. visit thechunkychef.com@SLOW COOKER ITALIAN MEATBALL SOUP for full recipe