This is my tried and true method for making Instant Pot chicken breasts that are tender, juicy and delicious!
· 1 Tablespoon oil (I use avocado, but you can use coconut or canola - something with a high smoke point is best!)
· 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (uncooked)
· 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt per chicken breast (or you can use just garlic powder and regular salt)
· dash black pepper
· 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
· 1 cup water
1. Preheat the sauté function on the Instant Pot at the highest setting, and add oil to the pot.
2. Season one side of the chicken breasts.
3. After the display reads "hot," carefully add the chicken breasts, seasoned side down, to the pot. I use tongs to avoid hot oil splatter.
4. Add seasoning on the second side.
5. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, and remove from pot with the tongs.
6. Add 1 cup water to the pot (may need more for 8 quart pots), plus the trivet.
7. Place the chicken on the trivet.
8. Lock the lid, and cook on manual high for 5 minutes.
9. Allow the chicken to naturally release for 5 minutes, and then quick release the rest.
Remove the chicken from the pot, and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before serving for maximum juiciness.
visit apinchofhealthy for full recipes