This Super Delicious Overnight French Toast Bake Recipe Takes French Toast To A Whole New Level! Pieces Of Sourdough Bread Covered In An Egg Mixture, Topped With Cinnamon Sugar, And Baked To Perfection! This Easy French Toast Casserole Is The Ultimate Holiday Or Weekend Breakfast!!
OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
I’ve blogged before about my love of breakfast foods. I could eat it any time of the day, and it’s fairly common to come over to the Merkley home on an evening and find us eating Belgian Waffles or Buttermilk Pancakes.
Breakfast recipes are just that great! I feel like we don’t get to eat them often enough in the mornings since we’re usually in a rush, but we occasionally get to enjoy them on the weekends and holidays. One holiday we always have breakfast is on Mother’s Day. And usually I’m not the one that has to bake it!! One of my favorite recipes to enjoy on this day is French Toast, and more specifically this French Toast Bake.
· 1 loaf sourdough bread
· 8 eggs
· 2 c milk
· 1/2 c heavy cream
· 3/4 c sugar
· 2 TB vanilla
· 1/2 c flour
· 1/2 c brown sugar
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1/2 c butter cold, cut into pieces
1. Cut loaf into cubes and place evenly in a greased 9x13 pan.
2. In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread.
3. Cover your pan with Saran Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
4. Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
5. Cut in butter with this mixture until crumbly and place in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight as well.
6. Take pan and Ziploc out when ready to bake. Sprinkle crumbly mixture evenly over the bread.
7. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on how soft you like it.
Visit /lilluna for full recipes