This Low Carb Cabbage Chicken Taco Soup is light, healthy and perfect if you are on a weight loss journey. Just add Corn, Kidney beans and top it with nachos to upgrade it.
· 1 tbsp vegetable oil
· 1 tbsp Minced garlic
· 1 Medium onion Chopped
· 300 grams boneless skinless chicken breast Cut in to small chunks
· 1/4 cup celery Chopped
· 2 cups (heaping) cabbage Shredded
· 1 Medium red bell pepper Chopped
· 1 cup plum tomato Blanched and chopped / Canned
· 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
· 1/2 tbsp chipotle chilli powder
· 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin powder
· 2 tsp Dried Oregano
· 1 tsp Red chili flakes (optional)
· 2 cups chicken stock or Water
· Salt to taste
· 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
· 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander leave for garnishing
· Lemon Wedges
1. Heat oil in a pot. add minced garlic. Saute till it starts to brown.
2. add chopped onion. Fry till it is soft and translucent.
3. add chopped celery, followed by chicken chunks. Fry for one minute.
4. add shredded cabbage. Cook for 2 minutes. The cabbage will start to soften.
5. add chopped red bell pepper. Cook for 30 seconds.