Salt and Pepper Tofu is a popular Chinese dish that can be made easily at home. The tofu has an incredibly crispy exterior, giving way to a soft, silky interior.
· 18 oz firm tofu drained
· ½ cup cornstarch
· 1 tsp ground white pepper
· ½ tsp table salt
· Canola oil for frying
· 2 red chili pepper seeds removed and thinly sliced
· 2 scallions thinly sliced
· Fresh ground black pepper
1. Place tofu block onto a cutting board. Place a second cutting board over tofu. Place a heavy object on top of the cutting board, preferably a heavy can. apply the weight on the tofu for about 15-20 minutes, to release water from tofu.
2. Slice tofu into 1 inch cubes. Pat dry the tofu cubes with paper towel.
3. add about 1 inch of oil to pan being used for frying. Bring to medium heat.
4. visit kirbiecravings.com@Crispy Salt and Pepper Tofu for full recipe