Chocolate Christmas Crinkle Cookies
This recipe for Chocolate Christmas Crinkle Cookies is a festive twist on a traditional treat. These cookies are great for getting the kids involved in holiday baking.
· 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder sifted to remove lumps
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· ½ cup butter softened
· ¼ cup granulated sugar
· ½ cup light brown sugar packed
· 1 egg lightly beaten
· 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
· Christmas sprinkles to decorate
· Preheat oven to 325 degrees F/170C
Prepare 2 cookie sheets with baking paper
· In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips on medium power in 30 second intervals until just melted.