Chicken avocado Salad
Chicken avocado Feta Salad is a delicious twist to a in a bowl! With a dressing that doubles as a marinade you won't even miss the bread in this mega loaded salad.
author: Karina - Cafe Delites
Balsamic Dressing / Marinade:
· 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 2 tablespoons water (or more oil if you wish)
· 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
· 2 teaspoons minced garlic
· 1 teaspoon honey
· 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to your tastes)
· 4 skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets (or breast fillets)
· 5 ounces |150g bacon , diced and trimmed of all fat
· 8 cups mixed salad lettuce leaves (or Romaine | Cos lettuce leaves)
· 2 tomatoes , chopped
· 1 red onion , thinly sliced
· 1 avocado , sliced
· 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
· extra Italian seasoning
· salt and pepper , to taste
1. Whisk dressing / marinade ingredients together until well combined. Pour 2-3 tablespoons into a shallow bowl. add the chicken thighs and coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper; set aside for 10 minutes while the frying bacon.
2. Fry bacon until crisp in a skillet over medium-high heat. Wipe pan over with paper towel.
3. Cook chicken fillets until crisp and cooked through (about 7 minutes each side).
4. Arrange all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Top with the bacon, chicken, avocado and sprinkle with feta, extra Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to your tastes. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, and serve.